Meet the Musician: Kaira Browne-Dixon
1. When did you start playing your instrument?
I started playing violin when I was 5.
2. Who is your biggest musical inspiration?
Hilary Hahn, Ezinma & Lindsey Sterling.
3. Who is your favourite composer?
4. If you had to choose only 1 piece to listen to for the rest of your life, what piece would it be?
Mendelssohn Concerto E Minor.
5. If you weren’t a musician, what would you be?
I would be a paramedic or work with abused women and children/incarcerated males/females (rehabilitation program).
6. What are some of your non-music related pastimes/hobbies?
Hanging out with family and friends, eating , walking/hiking in parks.
7. What is your life motto?
Always do what makes YOU happy, if you believe you can achieve.
8. What advice would you give your younger self?
Don’t live to impress others or compare myself to others. Focus on myself and grow at my own pace.
9. What piece/song can you not stand?
Friday by Rebecca Black
10. What is your pre-concert routine?
Drink a lot of water, close my eyes and do breathing exercises, look at something funny on my phone or engage in a funny conversation to calm the nerves.